Thursday, August 18, 2011

Goals

I am posting this here because I want to stick myself to it. I was reading from a couple years ago how great I felt while doing triathlons. I miss that soooo much. I miss the wind in my face while I rode my bike, and the feeling of being in great shape. I miss the friendships I made while pounding in mile upon mile of training. I miss everything about it....except for the time away from my family.

I am in terrible shape now. I feel myself sinking into a depression, and I don't want to even go there (I've been there before). I think the best thing for me to do will be to sign up for short triathlons. That way I can get in shape, do something for myself, yet still have time for my sweet boys. That's it....I am going in search of a race for me to do in the early spring of 2012. It will take me that long to get ready, but I'm going to do it!

Life has been really rough lately (when is it not?). I haven't been sleeping at night, and am get over-the-top anxious about all these trials we are having. I want to share them with you, but I am scared people who I don't want to see will inevitably see, and they will be used against me like so many times in the past. They are so tender. I don't know if I could take it!!! Can I just tell you that I thought I would get some reprieve when we moved back to Rangely, but that is not the case.

I have been so overwhelmed lately with all the suffering in the world. Everywhere I go there is pain, and death, and more pain. Last Sunday, it seemed I had witnessed so many friends and people going through hard times, then I slammed our little kitties foot in the door and she screached out in pain. I broke down! I just don't understand it. It seems that happiness is elusive, and really hard to attain, and what about animals and innocent children who suffer, purposely or accidentally, from the actions of others. All I can say is that this Heaven must be really wonderful for all this to be worth it. Actually, I do know that it is. I think it's time for an attitude adjustment for me!

7 comments:

Kristy said...

Sarah, so good to see your blog again. I just stumbled onto it while blog hopping from Becky's. I don't believe for a second that you are in terrible shape. I'm sure you look amazing as you always did, but I do understand the not feeling in shape. I took a running class from Kim Hiatt and loved it, but haven't ran for a few months and I feel gross. You are gorgeous and such a fun person. I wish you lived here again, because I could sure use someone to motivate me to get my butt up off of the couch. Good Luck with your new goals and Best of luck to you guys!

Sarah said...

Thanks Kristy! You are so sweet! We miss Blanding so very much. Signing up for a race always helps get my butt in gear, and my first one is in 2 weeks!

Do you still have a blog? I'd love to read it if you do! I hope all is well with you and your sweet family!

Kristy said...

Oh ya I do but I went private. Too many people judging me but send me your e-mail address and I will send you an invite-ckblack@citlink.net

Nan said...

I miss you too, Sarah. I always love to see another post from you on your blog. I am sorry you are feeling kind of down. I do agree that exercise and having some set goals will definitely help you feel better. It certainly does for me, when I am in that mode (need to get back in that mode).

Know that I love you and hope you can have more opportunities to see joy in your life.

Sarah said...

Nan- Thank you so much! You made my day! Its always nice to know you are missed!

I also love reading your blog and need to make more of an effort to comment.

Thanks for your kind words!

meagan said...

Sarah! It's been so long since I have visited your blog, actually, anyone's blog. I will be starting up a blog all about miss Naya and our happenings over here soon. I'll let you know when. :)

A little while ago I stumbled across pictures of malnourished children from the drought in east Africa. It hurt me deeply and I wished I had never seen it. But at the same time, it made me aware, less ignorant and even motivated. This world wouldn't be here without pain. We would never grow or evolve. I truly believe pain is a teacher. That being said...I need to follow my own advice.:)

I love you and all of the boys in that house! start your training to get rid of that anxiety! I hate anxiety!

P.S. Naya can't wait to meet you!

Anonymous said...

Sarah! I was so happy to find your blog and see your cute pictures! I'm super sad that moving back to Rangley hasn't been ideal. You are so awsome! You deserve every happiness in the world! We miss you tons! Steven and I would love to write to you and Braxton. Can we get your e-mail address? ThankS

Sheri