Tuesday, February 5, 2008

I must be crazy.


It's not that I'm not a morning person. Actually, I love mornings. But since having kids I really value my sleep. I can wake up at 6:30 easily, but 4:45am??? A year ago I would have said that I would never wake up that early out of my own doing, let alone to exercise! That was before I found out about triathlons. If someone tries to talk you into doing a triathlon...run and don't look back.

Since Blanding doesn't have an indoor pool, the closest one is 45 minutes away on the reservation. I had heard about people making the trek there, but never imagined I would be one of them. Well, now I am officially insane. This morning was the first of many. I woke up at 4:45, changed into my swim suite, and drove 45 minutes with 4 other lunatics only to snap on my swim cap, squish on my goggles, and swim laps in a 77 degree pool (that is pretty cold, in case you were wondering), then drive 45 minutes home.

We are an insane group, but at least we love what we do. Want to swim?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good post.